Set the Stage to Help Your Home Sell This Spring
Spring is in the air…which means peak home-selling season isn’t far away. In fact, according to recent market data, 60 percent of all home sales in the United States will occur in the spring and summer months. If you’re thinking about putting your home on the market, now is the time to get prepared—which includes considering how you will “stage” your home to make it more attractive to potential buyers. These tips can help:
- Cleaning your home thoroughly is one of the most important things you can do to stage it effectively. If you don’t have the desire or time to clean, it’s worth hiring someone to help you.
- Pay special attention to sprucing up the interior and exterior of your home’s front entrance to make a great first impression.
- De-clutter all rooms and consider putting excess furniture and other items into storage.
- In addition to visual appeal, don’t forget to make your home smell good. Use sweet, but subtle, air fresheners or set out freshly baked goods, like cookies or muffins, to create that comforting smell of home. Your visitors will appreciate the treats as well.
- Be sure that the exterior of your home offers that all-important curb appeal. This is especially true during the spring and summer months when plants—and weeds—are growing. Keep your lawn manicured and clean up outdoor clutter.
The aim of staging your home is to make it memorable to potential buyers—in a good way. Home buying is often an emotional process and, according to real estate experts, buyers often decide within the first minute of a home showing if it is “the one.” Use these tips to bring out your home’s full market potential.